Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Celebration Site, Not Crash Site

Over the past couple of years, there has been incredible progress on the bicycling front for me. Just over a year ago I rode on a tandem bike with my physical therapist Tom in a 65 mile ride. It was incredible.

Tom was wise in getting me on a tandem bike to relearn what I needed to relearn about cycling. It built confidence, trust, and the feel to be on a bike again. i have also ridden on a bike solo, but not too much. It was great to be on a bike again.

Recently for my birthday, my sister and brother-in-law bought me a new bike. I can't wait to get out on it. One of the first goals for my new bike is to ride on El Dorado Hills Blvd. along the path where I was hit. That is the last time I rode on EDH Blvd. I am looking forward to transforming that route.

For me, the site will now be a celebration site: celebrating the healing, recovery, and hope that God has given me.

Want to join us (Kathy and a few other friends will be joining us.)
Here is the info:
DATE: Saturday, June 18 (the anniversary of the crash);
TIME: 11:30 am
LOCATION: Meet at the intersection of EDH Blvd and Serrano Pkwy.
LENGTH: only a mile up an incline.
WHAT ELSE: We will celebrate a toast at the painted rocks on EDH Blvd., then whoever is interested will gather for lunch (Buy your own lunch) at Bistro 33.

Join us if you can. I am planning on being there rain or shine, but hopefully it will be sunny.

Thanks to all who have been a part of my recovery and helping to make this ride possible, Kathi

1 comment:

Sally-Girl! said...

Oh how I wish I would have read this post sooner as I would have been there with ya!!! Glad you have turned into a place of hope!! You never cease to amaze me!