Thursday, June 2, 2011

3 Years and Counting

It is hard to believe that on June 18 will be the 3 year anniversary when a friend and I were hit by a car driven by a drunk driver. Both of our lives have been impacted significantly, yet we continue on.

My brain injury still is influencing my life. I can struggle with my memory, retaining new information, and get tired fairly easily. Physically, my leg still has it's challenges and my arm and shoulder can still bother me a bit.

Though my life has been turned upside down in many ways, I am very grateful for the healing, recovery, the opportunities, the provision, and so much else that God has provided. He has loved me, cared for me, provided for me, extended His grace, mercy and forgiveness toward me. He has directed my next steps. He has walked with me each step of the way.

These 3 years seem to have gone fairly quickly. I do have hope as I move into the future, because of the way God has been there with me and for me these past three years. There have been other times in my life when I walked through some incredible times and God was with me then too. When we trust Him for certain things, then we can trust Him for the next things.

I am not sure what the "and counting" days/years will hold, but I have never known that in the past. But as I have experienced God being God, I know He will be with me wherever that is and whatever He has us doing.

No comments: