Monday, July 26, 2010

SOME GOOD NEWS TO SHARE

Today I did something that I haven't done in over two years! I rode a bicycle by myself: not a tandem bike or one with tethers and a physical therapist holding on -- I RODE A BICYCLE ALL BY MYSELF!
My dear friend Sandy L. rode her bicycle alongside mine, gave me incredible words of encouragement and support, as well as was our guide and traffic monitor.
After circling Sandy's neighborhood a few times, we stopped by Lakeside Church to say hi to the staff there.
After that fun stop, we went to Berger Physical therapy to see some of the staff there that worked with me and helped get me to this point. I told them when I left that I would ride by some day to say hello -- this was the day!
Then came lunch and a call to Dian at Beretta P.T. -- the group that has been vital in getting me to this point. Dian was very encouraged and excited about receiving the call.
There were times while riding that I could not take the smile off my face. It felt very good to be on the bike. I still have some work to do, but it is amazing (besides being a miracle) how far I have come.
Just thought I'd share the good news with you.

5 comments:

Ann Kafer said...

Awesome, Kathi! So amazing and wonderful!!!

Sally-Girl! said...

Yippee Jesus for you!!! You just made my night!!! You go girl!!!

Lendyloo said...

That is great news!! Nothing will stop you now!! I can just imagine that smile on your face!! It was so nice to see you at Barb's. Keep on ridin"!! :) Love Ya, Lenda Snyder

Beloved One said...

Yay Kathi! This is wonderful news!

Beloved One said...
This comment has been removed by the author.