Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Taking the Necessary Rest

I took my cat, Spike, to the vet yesterday. He hasn't been to a kitty dr. in quite awhile. Spike did great! The vet assistant even said so. Spike needed to give blood and have a mass under his bottom lip checked out.
After returning home, I think Spike slept most of the day and into early evening. There was a time that he was becoming active again and I thought he was just being recharged from his sleep.
Today Spike has a tad more energy, but he still is taking it easy.
I'm not a parent, so I am not sure what it is like to take one's child to the doctor to get shots, etc., but that must be challenging to see your child given a shot, etc.
I wasn't in the room when Spike's blood was taken, but I am sure it was a little scary for him. I think Spike was exhausted from his visit to the vet.
One of the challenges I am still experiencing over two years since my run in with a car, is that I still can get tired quite easily. It might be due to exercise, a busy schedule, spending time and interacting with people, or a number of other things.
One of the things I need to make sure is that I get plenty of rest. Sometimes it means taking a nap in the afternoon or just allowing my world to be still for about 15-20 minutes.
That may seem silly, but it is honestly something I need in my day.
It reenergizes me, it renews me, it can recharge me, and make me feel a lot better. My day activities and interactions can be a lot more productive when I take the necessary rest I need to take.

No comments: