Thursday, July 22, 2010

IS IT EVERY FAST ENOUGH? (Part 1)

Is our 'healing' ever fast enough? Whether we are trying to get over a cold; experience healing of a sprained ankle; or whatever type of healing we're waiting for -- even recovering from a brain injury -- do these things ever take place in the time frame we have set in our minds?

Okay, I admit, sometimes they do, but what about those things that seem to linger on?

I asked my therapists yesterday how long I would be considered to be in recovery. (At this point in time, it has been just over two years since I received my injuries and began my recovery.) The answer: the rest of my life.

The answer did not surprise me, but it is the reality of my new normal, of my life.

Recovery for me has adapted and progressed. I am not relearning and/or practicing how to walk, eat, talk, or sustain my balance. Though I still can be challenged with my balance, it is much better then it used to be.

I allow myself to get discouraged sometimes by the deficiencies I still see in my life, but I am very encouraged when I look at them in light of where I have come from! It truly is a miracle that God has done in my life. God brought me from being close to death and allowing more life on earth -- and to be a productive member of society too!

I am grateful to God for who He is and all that He has done -- and is doing!















No comments: