Thursday, July 22, 2010

IS IT EVER FAST ENOUGH? (PART 2)

I now need too be consistently aware of: my schedule (to not over do it and make sure I get some rest), eating healthier (more fresh fruits & veggies), exercising consistently, working on my brain games (my Sudoku puzzle solving has improved dramatically) and such.

I am continuing to re-learn: how to ride a bicycle on my own; in taking initiative with my friends and other acquaintances.

I always wear my helmet when I bicycle, as well as realize it is important for me not to hit my head -- at any time.

I guess it is like an alcoholic or drug addict who has chosen to live a life of sobriety: one day at a time. Choosing recovery and abstinence from the things that would block one's recovery and sobriety. I choose brain injury recovery and what that entails.

I AM A BRAIN INJURY SURVIVOR! I am incredibly grateful for the miraculous healing that God has enabled me to experience.

I want to help, encourage, and support other brain injury survivors, their families, and caregivers.

Though I don't know what that will exactly like, I am trying to take steps in that direction. In fact, today I get to volunteer at Mercy General Hospital in the Acute Rehab Dept. and help those who are helping others to recover from the trauma they have experienced -- as they helped me two year ago!

Is it ever fast enough? Probably not in our timing. I continue to learn that my timing and God's timing can be very different, but He does have a plan and He is at work!

No comments: