Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy New Year!

It seems weird to already by saying that . . . it's the New Year already? Having been slowed down for six months, I guess that has enabled the year to seem to go by quicker. I'm grateful for 2008 as I had wonderful opportunities and blessings connected with my job, with my incredible family and friends, and even the unexpected: a white Christmas!

I was able to fly to Seattle during Christmas week to stay with my sister and her family. Before boarding my plane, we were already aware that a snow storm hit the area. My flight wasn't hampered at all, but we did have plenty of snow during the week. There aren't too many white Christmases in Seattle, but they're beautiful when they come.

My sister was the only one of my immediate family who had seen me since I'd left the hospital in August, so it was fun and encouraging for all of them to see me since I'm doing so much better. It was a relaxing week - I got plenty of rest and I felt good all week. What a blessing!

Now it is back to finishing up my apartment to move in soon; rehab appointments (not too many of those remaining); and volunteering at my church. I feel rested and re-energized: grateful for the birth of Christ and thankful to be heading into 2009.

Blessings,

Kathi

4 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Been checking everyday waiting to hear about your Christmas celebration in Seattle with family. Sounds like it was a good one! Saw all the snow during the Seahawks and Jets!

Can't wait to see all your continued blessings in 2009!

A said...

Kathi!! We were praying for you over the holidays with your planned trip! I am so excited to hear what a blessing it was for you and your family.
What a year to celebrate Christ and I plan to do the same this year and live praising Him daily!!

hoovstir - Laurie said...

Kathi,
YAHOOOOOOO! Happy New Year! I am so glad you were able to go to Seattle to see your sister. I am grateful the snow didn't delay the process and give you a wonderful white Christmas. It was white here in Salem too! Be blessed! I am praying for you each and everyday..Take Care! Enjoy the New Year and a journey new life!
Bless you...you are loved!
~Laurie

Water Gal said...

Dear Kathi,
We haven't met, but hope to someday. A friend recently sent your blog site. Reading the entries reminded me of my own painful recovery & God's amazing grace. How inspiring you are! On Memorial Day, I was hit by DUI exceeding 55 mph limit & talking on his cell phone, on the Sutter Creek-Volcano Rd. I cycle with the Horizon Church(Galt)Bicycle group & was out training for "M360", a 360 mi.ride down the coast for World Vision. I was airlifted to Mercy San Juan Hospital, sustained 20 fractures & endured 4 surgeries. I first heard of you while recovering at rehab. hospital & saw the news on TV. You have been in my prayers since. The past 8 mos. have been a challenging process, but the overwhelming support of family and friends have sustained me. I've been gaining strength in both my health and walking, & even rode tandem with the group on the ARBT. I'm a little apprehensive about another impending surgery, but will just trust God to heal my spirit as well. I look forward to meeting you, Carolyn