Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Seven Month Anniversary


I just returned from my morning walk. It felt great: the sun is shining, it was fairly warm, but there was also a crisp coolness. I think I've begun walking about a mile round-trip. I'm trying to get out there each morning.

This past Sunday (January 18) I was at church and we were standing and singing worship songs to God about His greatness and presence. Then it dawned on me - Sunday was the 7-month anniversary of my accident. I was in awe. I honestly don't remember how bad I was seven months ago, but I do know how well I am doing today. I'm taking fairly long walks, I'm living in my apartment, I'm remembering things better than I was, and I'm feeling good. I'm very grateful for God's goodness to me.

I realize that the things that distract me the most are small, insignificant things that seem to limit my mobility, independence and remind me that I don't have control over everything. Hmmmm. But I have come a long way and I'm grateful to be living, to be walking and thinking. Those are good things. The distractions take my focus off of God and puts the focus on the unwanted thing. That can change ones perspective quite a bit.

A day at a time. One step at a time. It will all add up one day. Keep moving forward. It's a process, a journey. And God is with me every point along the way.

Blessings,

Kathi

6 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Oh Kathi, how good it is to see you with Spike! I faithfully check your blog everyday just to get a glimpse of you!

Would love to come visit you so you could meet Bryson, maybe we can plan something!

Take care!

Unknown said...

Oh Kathi, you are a miracle and God is just sooo Awesome! It really is a blessing to see you in front of your home and with your cat. I look forward to spending some time with you and having some laughs. Love, k

Katie said...

God is so amazing! You are a miracle and I am so glad that you have come so far. Keep up the good work!

Foothills Mom said...

Kathi,

You don't know me. I first visited your website right after your accident. I've been praying for you and following your progress.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathi! I came across your blog when I watched a video clip on the accident and I just had to pay you a visit! I want to say that you are an inspiration, I admire your courage and perseverance. I live in Sacramento and I am looking for a church as well, who knows maybe we'll bump into each other in the near future. Keep up on the bright outlook on life and I wish you the best of luck. Better yet, I will keep you in my prayers! God Bless!

A said...

Kathi! How GREAT is our God!!! You are beautiful and I love how great you are taking care of yourself! Keep up the good work!
Annie Holt