Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Celebration!


What a weekend! Our church held it's annual event for women to encourage them during the Christmas season. Delicious food, music, and a speaker made up the program. This year's speaker, Shauna Niequist,  was tremendous. She is the author of the wonderful book entitled "Cold Tangerines." Her message encouraged, challenged and inspired me.

Another exceptional aspect of the weekend was the great job the team did putting on the program. It was tough for me at times while in the hospital, and not having a part in the planning and preparation. But the team of women did a fabulous job - it was a great event.

Next is Christmas! I'm going to Seattle to visit my sister and her family for a few days over the holiday. It will be a blessing to see them!

UPDATES:
  • Therapy - My physical therapy is completed, but I have a couple more occupational and speech therapy appointments.
  • Work - I'm still not back to work, but hopefully soon. I have a doctor's appointment soon with the Physical Medicine and Rehab doctor, and hopefully a plan will be determined at that appointment.
  • Apartment - Slowly getting things put away and organized in the new pad. I have stayed there on night, but most likely won't be staying there until the fist of next month. My cat, Spike, has been making himself right at home . . . he has run of the place (but to be honest, he always has).
  • Encouragement - I continue to be encouraged by the many prayers, words of encouragement and support that people have extended to me. It truly has been a gift and blessing.
Kathi

9 comments:

T2 said...

Dear K4~
Whoa, got behind in the blog notes!
What a joy it is to see you looking so fab. May God's bountiful blessings be upon you throughout the holidays!

Cindy said...

Kathi,
I was also encouraged by the speaker @ the Christmas Celebration. She was wonderful, felt like I was at a comedy show.
I am so happy for you and the progress that you are making, love to see you around the church - looking stronger every time. You truly are a testimony to our GREAT God.
Hope you have a blessed Christmas. Have fun in Seattle!
Love you!
Cindy

Sally-Girl! said...

So happy for you Kathi!!!! I am thrilled you get to travel to Seattle for Christmas and be with your sister and family. Sounds like you have some great milestones ahead of you that you questioned five months ago would even be possible.

I bet Christmas will be extra sweet for you and your family this year!!! Enjoy!!

A said...

Kathi!
It was such a joy to be able to give you a big hug on Sunday! I know the Lord stalled my leaving just to give me that blessing!! I will be praying for these upcoming therapy visits and plan-making sessions, as well as your anticipated trip home! What a gift to be able to go there!
Hopefully I might see you again soon!
Annie Holt

klonergan said...

Kathi, it's been such a blessing to be able to keep track of your amazing recovery over the past few months. What a glorious God we have, huh? And how exciting for you to be getting back into your life. I have a funny story to tell you when I see you about your return to church. Love ya, kathy lonergan

klonergan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Kathi,

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see that beautiful smiling face with those twinkling eyes! You look awesome!!!

The display of God's power in your healing has been mind-boggling. He is absolutly amazing; and your story has been an inspiration to many, many people. Not only at Lakeside, but around the world. He used you, your accident and the trauma you suffered to display His Glory to all who were watching!!! I can't even imagine the rough road it's been; but He used you mightily!!

Have a wonderful visit in Seattle.

God's blessings and love,
Patty Rice

Leif said...

Kathi,
We are thrilled at how things are going. Thanks for the updates on the blog. Leif just got back from visiting family in Seattle as well so enjoy the trip.

Wendy's Bike Life said...

Hey Kathi! I learned of your blog and situation through Kim Rosky. Wow, you have been through a lot and you continue to be a blessing. I am encouraged by your faith, healing and love for the Lord. Love from Wendy Nungesser