Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yahoos!


I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The family I'm staying with is wonderful and they are tremendous cooks as well. Therefore my day was marked by a delicious meal with wonderful people. I also spoke with my sister and tried to connect with my brother, as well.

I had an appointment with one of my surgeons last week who had operated on me, but whom I don't quite remember meeting. (I don't remember much from "the early days" of my accident.)

This doctor was my Orthopedic surgeon. He looked at my leg he had operated on and I believe he said it was "beautiful." Now, I don't think I had thought of it as beautiful ("interesting" maybe) but honestly, that was good to hear. The leg is healing nicely - Yahoo!

I also had an appointment with my dentist who did a tremendous job of fixing the couple of teeth that had been chipped in the accident. They, too, look beautiful.

In my previous blog, I listed some things that I'm thankful for - I really am thankful to God for many things. My healing body is a biggie. No, it is more than my "healing body," it really is the fact that God has been healing my body. I'm thankful for life and that God enabled me to have more life here.

Also, plans were finalized for me to be in Seattle for a few days over Christmas (that is another Yahoo!) to see my family. Then this morning (Sunday) was yet another Yahoo! as I was at my church once again.

Though I don't get to move back home quite yet, another Yahoo! is that some of my friends from Folsom and El Dorado Hills moved my things from the apartment I was living in to my new apartment. Because my walking and balance have been affected by my accident - and I did live on the second floor of my apartment complex - I was able to get a bottom floor apartment in the same complex.

My friends moved my stuff out of the old and into the new AND cleaned my old apartment! What a tremendous gift and blessing. I was a tad nervous if it all could be done by Sunday, but it was completed Saturday. Honestly, I have an incredible community of people that I am connected with and I could not have walked through this challenging time without them. Yahoo!

Okay, there is at least one more Yahoo! this week. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday my church is holding an event, The Womens Christmas Celebration, featuring author Shauna Niequist. She wrote the delightful book entitled "Cold Tangerines." I really enjoyed the book and I'm really looking forward to meeting her and hearing her speak . . . . yes . . . Yahoo!

I hope that you are experiencing your own slew of Yahoos! You know what I'm 'slowly' finding out about life? Yahoos! in life can be found in unsuspecting places. I've been walking through a challenging time in my life, but I've been blessed in many ways. God can bring Yahoos! out of challenging times. The Scriptures, God's words to us, tell us that God works all things together for good. That doesn't mean all things are good, but God can bring good out of the bad.

Yahoo!

Kathi

4 comments:

ucdgrad said...

Yahoo! for GOD! God is showing many the miracles He can perform!

Katie said...

God is so good Kathi! I am so impressed with you and your positive outlook. It is good to see you around church more too!

John H Maru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TiminCA said...

God is so awesome and that is a Yahoo!
I am glad that you are doing so well and I know that you will get better and better.
I know that God uses you from your time with us at First Baptist to the current road that God has you on and that He will continue to bless others lives through you.
May God bless those who helped you with the apartment move and all those who continue to help you.
God is SO good!

-Tim Taylor-
Just one of the lighting guys at FBCEG.