Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Hello Friends!

I trust that you've had a good week. My week has been pretty nice, as it has been filled with rehab appointments, attending church and Bible study, as well as seeing friends (including the "Great Pumpkin). It has been great to catch up with some friends that I haven't seen in a number of years - as well as those I haven't seen in a few months.

As rehab continues, I'm encouraged by how my therapists are encouraged. I'm not sure when I'll be cleared to go back to work - but we're working on returning (as close as possible) to my "pre-accident" state. I'm not a 100 percent there yet - but I am getting closer.

When I was in the hospital, I was told that this would be a long haul, that perseverance would be very important. I am definitely finding out how true that is. Though I am incredibly happy with the time frame of my recovery, sometimes it feels too long. I realize that I am not as persevering as I thought I was.

Thanks to all who have been praying for me. Here are a few more requests:

  • For God to strengthen my perseverance
  • For continued increase in stamina
  • For the continued healing that needs to take place
Thanks for your encouragement and support!

Kathi

9 comments:

ucdgrad said...

Yippy! I am so glad is working so miraculously in your life. I'll continue to keep you in prayer!

Suzanne said...

J'aimerais bien ajouter un petit mot d'encouragement , je suis la maman d'Eve-Lyne Leclerc, et par le biais de son blog je suis un peu l'évolution de ce terrible accident , mais comme toi je garde beaucoup d'espoir en la rééducation, et je te souhaite beaucoup de belles réussites.

jj35-36 said...

Hi Kathi,
This is the first time I have made a comment on your blog. You are a special person and God's miracle. We get to see you very often and we can really see the improvements in your health since the accident. You are always on our minds and pray daily for you.

C J Baltzley said...

Kathi,
i am so happy to see how well you are doing. I really would love to see you. Is there a time that we could get together? Could I drive you to an appointment? I'm at 817-4134. Chris gets to see you when you stop by the office, lucky him! -- Tara Baltzley

Cindy said...

Kathi,
Your healing truly is a miracle and a testimony of Gods great healing powers and the power of prayer. I know that the time must feel like it is dragging for you when you want so badly to be back at work again. I can't tell you what a blessing it is and what a great witness you are just by being present at church and at all of the things you attend to each day. I continue to be amazed by your strength and perserverence! Yes, I said I am amazed by your perserverence because there is no way you would be as far along as you are without it! I will, however pray for God to continue to give you strengh and to hold you up when you get weary. I love you and know you will finish this race amazingly!
God Bless,
Cindy

T2 said...

Hey K4~
Still praying every single day for you and I'm looking forward to seeing you in June! I'm blessed to witness your recovery and tell everyone about it!

Cherie Denna said...

It was such a blessing to see you at church last Saturday, Kathi. Your perseverance is amazing girl! That's all God! You are always in our prayers. We will continue to lift you up, praying for strength and complete healing! Blessings to you and your family ~

Cherie LaLanne and your brothers and sisters at Powerhouse Ministries

Mindy said...

Thanks for brightening my day !!!

You are loved and treasured,
Judi A.

Stefanie said...

Hi Kathi~
My name is Stefanie Kamstra. I live in Colorado, but we moved here from Folsom 3 years ago. (Steve & Krissy Brainard are great friends and we love Lakeside. I still listen to Brad's sermons when I walk!)
I survived a TBI 20 years ago when I was 16. I just completed brain therapy in June that has totally changed my life! I would love to tell you more about it if you're interested. I'm not sure why the Lord kept this "hidden" from me for so long, but I trust Him! My email is kamstrafam@comcast.net. I'm so glad that you're doing so well! It's so hard to be a survivor; it can be very lonely. But the Lord has given us a special experience to empathize with others.
God bless you, Stefanie =)