Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Five Month Anniversary!

Isn't it hard to believe that we're close Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) - meaning we're at the end of November? Time has definitely been flying by. Tuesday (November 18) was my five month anniversary since my accident. I've already been out of the hospital and staying with my friends for three months! Wow.

It doesn't "seem" like anything too exciting is going on, so I hesitate writing anything. But friends remind me of the severity of my accident and that it is pretty exciting to see how far I have come in such a short amount of time. When I remember how severe my head injury was, as well as my leg - I am so thankful for God's grace and His healing power; thankful for His placing such incredible, helpful people in my life.

At times, I must admit, that I get kind of discouraged. I know I still have some limitations and boundaries that I don't always like. I find that hard when I'm feeling so much better. I'm seeking to trust God, knowing that He has a plan and His timing is perfect.

My therapy continues, but I think it is winding down. My therapists have been a wonderful encouragement to me. They've been great. I'm volunteering at Lakeside for a few hours a week. I'm trying to apply things I am learning in rehab. I'm not sure when I'll be officially going back to work, but hopefully soon.

For those of you who have prayed for me - thank you! That means so much. Well, have a good week. In next week's blog, I hope to share with, that in light of my accident, the things that I am thankful for.

God bless you!
Kathi

8 comments:

ucdgrad said...

Yippy! An update!!!

T2 said...

K4~Even in the midst of discouragement, God will show his face to you. What a journey this has been for you and for me in being faithful to pray for you. It's mighty few people that I can claim to have prayed for every day--yes, a sad tale on me! Consider yourself just starting at the putting greens and pretty soon you'll be driving 300 yards! Now that will be something to write home about!!

Katie said...

God is so good Kathy! You have come so far in such a short time! I am impressed and amazed by you and know that you are working so hard right now! May God continue to bless you with His endurance to press on!

Many Blessings and much love,

Katie Steele and family

A said...

Glad to see an update! We continue our prayers and even when you don't feel you have much to write, your writing alone is a huge testimony to the power of our God!
Love you!!
Annie Holt

Sally-Girl! said...

So good to hear again from you Kathi!!! We are waiting to board our plane to Beijing. Follow us along!!! God is good!!!

Love,
Sally

Candy Colson said...

Kathi, good to hear from you again. Stay involved in anything that you can't do, that way you and all of us get to see our great God at work.

Have a nice Thanksgiving,
C.

Kelly said...

Dear Kathi...What a delight it was to see you and talk with you at church today. You inspire me and God's glory is evident through you! I look forward to your "thanksgiving" blog and to hanging out with you soon. Lots of love, Kelly Broughton

4j's said...

5 Months! Wow! It is hard to believe that only 5 months has passed. So much has happened - so many prayers prayed, so many connections and people brought to your side and so many blessings, and one miracle, coming true.

I am thankful for many things - but, I am most thankful that you are here and talking and walking and sharing your journey so that our (my) faith continues to be strengthened and encouraged as I continue to walk my own journey of faith.

Bless you Kathi, and, I can't wait to see you back at work, I miss my mentor! Much love for your Thanksgiving (hmmm, are you going to have Mexican on Thursday too? hehehe)

Bless Vicky and her family too - your generosity and heart is amazing!