Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy First Day of Autumn!

Hey there!

I hope that you had a good weekend and that the new week has begun well for you.

My time in Folsom has been going well. My friends have been taking incredible care of me. My time at their home has been great for my recovery. I had good news last week - I began my outpatient  rehabilitation! It was just introduction stuff and meeting my therapists. They were very nice and encouraging. This rehab facility is in Roseville (not too far from Folsom - that is very nice). I have appointments this week for physical, occupational, and speech therapies.

This past weekend was nice in a number of ways: my friends, Debby and Veo, took me to Outback Steakhouse and a frozen yogurt place. There was golf on TV. And the Chicago Cubs baseball team guaranteed themselves a spot in the Major League baseball playoffs. Okay, that is pretty shallow, but it all did make for a nice weekend.

I've been able to see a number friends this last week. That has been really encouraging. Physically I'm feeling stronger; my leg is healing; and my memory is getting better. I'm looking forward to next week as my sister will be back for a visit. It has been so great to have here here.

Life isn't back to "normal" yet - the recovery is definitely a process, but I'm grateful for how encouraging and helpful people have been to me on this journey.

Take care, God bless, and have a great week.

Kathi

I want to take a moment to share how impressed I am with Kathi - her courage, faith and strength - in how she is handling this process. She is teaching me so much about God and his love and faithfulness. I know that if God had chosen to take Kathi home this summer, he would have still been a God of love and faithfulness, but I am blessed that he has healed her so well, and promises to continue in the healing process.

I was sitting in church last weekend enjoying worshipping God. We sang "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman, and even though I have sung that tune may times before, the words touched my heart. So, I share them with you . . .

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life,
I won't turn back, I know You are near.

And I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me,
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear, whom then shall I fear?

Oh, no, You never let go, through the calm and through the storm.
Oh, no, You never let go in ev'ry high and ev'ry low.
Oh, no, You never let go, Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on,
A glorious light beyond all compare.
And there will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth.

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on,
And there will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes, still I will praise You, 
Still I will praise you.

Praising God with you this week - V

10 comments:

Katie said...

Kathi-

I am encouraged by your positive attitude. You are an amazing woman and I admire your strength and faith in the Lord during this time. God is so good!

Praising Him with you!

Katie Steele

shamid said...

Hi Kathi - It is such a blessing to hear from you directly. It warms my heart to sense the tone of your voice through your writing. It feels like you are sitting across from me.... honestly I am really looking forward to that day. I miss you very much at Lakeside.

God's faithfullness in your life is such a joy and privledge to be a witness to. I look at you and hope to be as strong in my walk with God. I am VERY grateful for you Kathi. I hope to come and visit you soon. Love in Christ - Shami.

I also felt such a sense of hope and power w/the service this weekend at Lakeside. God will never let go!!! And life is good.

Happy Autumn - my favorite time of year.

Sally-Girl! said...

Kathi,

What a blessing you and V are! Thank you both for such a positive and uplifting post. I hope all your therapies go well and you continue to amaze us with your recovery.

Have fun with your sister! I know she has been the best sister ever and means everything to you!

T2 said...

Dear K4~

I know that three months of this struggle for you seems like an eternity, but you've come so far in such a short period of time. It's really amazing. It's a blessing for me to be a part of your healing through prayer even when I'm across the ocean from you!

Lendyloo said...

Dear Kathi, I've been checking your progress regularly all summer. It is just amazing to see how God has brought you so far in your healing. It's wonderful to read your own words! We praise God for what He has done! We miss you at FBC & I'm glad you have found a church with people who are taking such good care of you! It's been great to see that you still have your sense of humor, even through all this! I know you'll work hard at therapy & be good as new one of these days!
Love Ya & God Bless!
Don &LendaSnyder

Anonymous said...

Kathi -

I cannot tell you how happy I am that you are doing so well. I have followed your miraculous recovery since I heard about the accident. My husband was also treated at Sutter Roseville's Neuro ICU after a serious motorcycle accident. It has been almost a year since the accident and praise God that he has continued to recover everyday and amaze the doctors, just as you are. Please know that some days will be good, some will be more of a challenge. However, hold fast in your Faith and know that He has you in the palm of His hand. I will keep you in my prayers.

Cheryl said...

Kathi,

It's so great to hear how you're doing and that you have been able to start in the Rehab Center. You are an answer to our prayers.

Please continue to keep us posted on your progress.

Praise God!! Cheryl LeBleu

The Roberts Family said...

Kathi~

It is so wonderful to hear from you directly. We have been praying for your recovery and it is so wonderful to see in action God at work in healing you. Your spirit is such a wonderful encouragement to all of us. We love you and continue to pray for a quick rehabilitation.

God bless you,
Alisa Roberts

Heather said...

HI Kathi - thinking of you this morning. I am so happy to see you healing so beautifully. I have a deep sense of gratitude for your courageous heart -

My Joe was recently diagnosed with cancer so I have been out of touch with my life and involved with other things way too big for me. We have so much hope and that's because we get to witness Him in your life and see how the extraordinary grace of God thwarts the enemy's plans and gives us a future and a hope no matter what is happening.

I love you and would love to see you when you are up to "yet another visitor" : )

Heather

ucdgrad said...

Waiting for the next update!!! :)