Sunday, September 14, 2008

Having been "home" for a couple weeks now, I'm beginning to feel more comfortable. I think I was feeling a little overwhelmed at first. As well, let me make sure that you know that "home" is staying with my friends, Vickie, and her husband Steve.


Staying with Steve and Vickie has been a tremendous blessing. Their home is very comfortable and quiet. (Staying at the hospital  wasn't always quiet. Needless to say, I am sleeping very well.) I've been very well taken care of. Vickie is a great cook, but we've also enjoyed delicious meals that have been made for us by some of you.


My body is continuing to heal, though I have not begun rehabilitation yet. The good news is that I have an appointment this week at an outpatient facility located in the Sacramento-area city of Roseville. I'm also walking a lot better and my leg has been doing fine.  Please pray that will go well. Thank you.


The other area you can continue to pray for is my memory. It is getting better, but I still have a little ways to go. I'm remembering quite a bit, but still have some lapses (which I hear is normal.) Memory-wise I tend to forget the short term stuff and people's names, but it is getting better.


I'm very grateful for God's provision of you all in my life! The fact that you're praying for me is huge. Though it may not totally look like it, but God has done so much good: healing, encouragement, stamina, provision for needs. I'm very grateful. God has used many of you to meet my needs and answer our prayers. Thanks for being willing participants.


Take care and have a great week.


God's richest blessings, Kathi


Editor's Note: We are opening up visitation for Kathi at this time. If you would like to come by and chat with her, please contact Vickie at svdarcy@comcast.net. Some of the things to consider for visitation is keep it to no more that 30 minutes, talk in your "inside" voice," and only two people at a time. She is greatly encouraged by visiting with people and we will do everything we can to accommodate you!
Steve & Vickie


13 comments:

Katie said...

Kathi-

I am so proud of your hard work! Praise the Lord for your continued healing. I will continue to pray for you. I will set up a time to visit as I would love to see you.

Many blessings!
Katie Steele

Sally-Girl! said...

Kathi,
I have been patiently waiting for your second post! Thanks for the update. You got it sista - we will specifically pray for memory and continued rehab. You have come incredibly far! And you still continue to amaze. We need a new song called Amazing Kathi!

Thank you God for your continued healing and blessing of our sweet friend.

Unknown said...

Kathi,

I am so amazed by you and your tireless efforts. You are never far from my thoughts and I continue to pray for complete and total healing. I admire your courage, spirit and wisdom as your journey continues to inspire me. Thank you so much for the updates.

In Him,
Joel McConnell

4j's said...

Kathi,
So many blessings, so many praying for your full recovery and so happy to hear that you are ready for visitors. I will continue to pray for healing and memory and look forward to seeing you again soon.

So nice to see you writing these yourself, too.

YOU LOOK, and are, MARVELOUS!

blessings and love,
Johanna

Meagan said...

Kathi,

I'm SO overwhelmed at God's strength and power to heal you. You have always been such a blessing at Lakeside, and I am sure that you now can see what a tremendous impact you've had on our lives.

I will continue to pray for you and I look forward to seeing you again.

Love, Meagan Anderson

Lydia Martinez said...

Hi Kathi,

What a joy to know that you are now corresponding with us. Thank God for all the great blessings.

Hope to visit you soon. First I got to figure out how to get in touch with Vickie.

Many blessings,

Lydia Martinez from Elk Grove

Mary Sue said...

Hi Kathi,

What an inspiration you are and a beautiful picture of God's amazing work. I've been praying for you since I learned about your accident a couple of weeks ago. What incredible progress you have made and perseverance and faith you have demonstrated. Keep up the amazing progress. To God be the Glory!

Love,
Mary Sue

AmyB said...

Kathi,
You continue to amaze me with your stamina and tenacity! It is so wonderful to see you making unbelievable progress. May God keep you in His grip. I hope to see you very soon!
Love,
AMY BRASIL

hoovstir - Laurie said...

Praise Be to God! Kathi you ARE a miracle! May God's healing hand continue to be upon you and may He touch your body and mind bringing it back into wholeness. AMEN & AMEN!
Kathi it is so awesome you are now writing your own blogs! I LOVE IT and I LOVE YOU too! You have blessed my life and heart in so many ways and now knowing you are progressing does my heart soooo good! My prayers continue to be with you every step of the way. You are soooo loved! Take Care and God bless you always!
Love, your friend in Oregon,
~Laurie

Cindy said...

Kathi,
What a blessing to have you writing your own updates now. Our God is such a Great Physician and Healer of all things large and small. I am so amazed at what he is doing to you and through you. Even in your recovery you are ministering to people near and far. I am off on vacation for a few days, but will look forward to coming to see you when I get back.
I love you. God Bless. Cindy

Unknown said...

Kathi,

What a faith builder to see you home and writing again. Truly God's miracles in action. As my son recovers from his brain injury suffered in Iraq, I am filled with hope from watching you and his healing touch in your life. You are an inspiration to us all.

God's continued blessings,

Eric from Chipotle...

jikido said...

Hi Kathy,

I am so happy to read that you are doing much better. I know that it will take time for you to heal, but I will pass along these encouraging comments you have made on this blog (especially to my mom, Mary). You are helping us to feel more positive about your recovery from this tragic accident, you are so brave and determined. We have been so worried, but it looks like you are in good hands. You have wonderful friends from your church...they show the rest of us that Christian Love really does exist in this world, truly an inspiration.

Love you so much, your cousin,

Kevin Turpeinen
Portland, Oregon

If you need anything please let me know. I can be reached at jikido at gmail.com or you can always call me (collect) at 503-285-1602 leave a message if there is no answer and I will call back.

Margaret Feinberg said...

We Love you Kathi and we continue to pray for you! Love, Margaret and Leif