Monday, August 9, 2010

In Good Hands

Though I have been walking this recovery journey for over two years, and I had made the decision to step down from my job and go on permanent disability months ago -- my life just feels kind of weird.

Saturday I got word from the judge who heard my case regarding disability and social security. When I met with the judge, the appointment had gone fine, but I have been waiting on hearing back from him regarding his decision. His decision was what was expected: he agreed with the fact that I am disabled.

To see it in writing and read it in the context of various testimonies was a tad surreal. It hit home that my life has gone/is going in a different direction then I imagined. This is not what I expected.

For whatever reason it is going along a new path. Even though I may not understand it or see why it is going this way, I do believe that God knows, sees, and understands it all. Faith gets to continue to take over here. Not faith in my circumstances, but my faith in God. Our faith is only as strong as the object of our faith: God is All-knowing, All-powerful, All-loving, and more. The Object of my faith is the Lord God Almighty. I am in good Hands.


1 comment:

Ann Kafer said...

Kathi, I sure appreciate how you feel. Your abilities may be different now, but it is abundantly clear from your writing that your mind and heart are in tip-top shape.
Love you!
Ann