Thursday, June 3, 2010

THE EYES HAVE IT

One of the things I tend to notice about people is their eyes. When someone has, what I think, are beautiful eyes that stands out to me.

The eyes can say a lot: there are looks of care, love, compassion, fear, anger, uncertainty, and more.

I imagine that Jesus had incredible eyes: love, forgiveness, compassion, mercy, grace, and so much more were most likely seen in His eyes.

Jesus also saw people. He would see the woman who needed to be healed in the midst of a crowd.

How do you think Jesus sees you? The same way that you see yourself? I believe that Jesus sees us with the same eyes and perspective that He saw people when He walked on earth.

I'm glad that God and I don't see myself the same way. I tend to see myself in a critical light; as one who keeps making mistakes; I see my shortcomings; as well, I see myself too often as unloveable -- among other things.

I am seen with love, forgiveness, grace, compassion, and with my frailties and imperfections in sight, but I am seen through the blood of Jesus.

I want to see as Jesus sees, not only myself, but how He sees others. He sees them as sheep without a shepherd, with unconditional love, in need of forgiveness and grace.

Thanks Jesus for how You see and the fact that You do see us and what we are going through. You not only see us, but You walk with us in the midst of it all.

No comments: