Sunday, June 27, 2010

FAMILY TIME

I had the opportunity to visit my family in the Seattle area. I don't get there too often, but it is nice when I do.

Our brother Jack came to our sister's house. We had a great time together on Father's Day.

My sister was able to get a couple of tickets for the Seattle Mariners-Chicago Cubs baseball game. We went together and had a fun time. I am a fan of both teams, so it was a win-win night for me. My heart was leaning towards the Cubs and unfortunately they lost. The cool thing was that "Cubs Nation" was represented very well.

I also got to see my college roommate, Joyce. I haven't seen her since "pre-accident", so it was good to catch up with her.

I am beginning some writing on my recovery and it was nice to begin interviews with my family. Due to my coma and brain injury, I don't remember anything from early on. They filled me in on some interesting items. It doesn't freak me out, but it does confirm how God has been at the center of this entire journey.

They all confirmed too how well they were taken care of by many people from Lakeside Church. People were incredibly generous and it meant a lot to my family. The acts of giving were tremendous acts of love. Thanks Everyone!

It is good to be back in EDH and my kitty Spike is glad his mommy is home.

No comments: