Thursday, May 13, 2010

What do you want to do when you grow up?

What do you want to do when you turn 50? That is an interesting, yet silly sounding, question. On Monday, May 17 I got to join the "50 Club." When I was younger, I don't think I thought a lot about turning 50, other then it sounded pretty old.

My perspective on the age of 50 has definitely changed. I'm not sure how 50 is suppose to feel, but I don't think I feel 50. I'm not exactly sure if I had any idea of what I would be doing with my life at age 50, but I don't think it was that I would be recovering from a brain injury -- let alone not having a job.

I guess at this point in time I get to pray, dream, and find out what the next step(s) are for me. I have begun to do some volunteering at the hospital where I was a patient. I am working with a group that communicates to teenagers about the potential consequences that go along with risky behavior choices and driving. I am considering doing some writing and I met with an author yesterday who gave me wonderful encouragement and helpful tips. I have also been back on a bicycle (tandem up to this point) but I hope to be able to ride solo again.

I know of a saying that goes: "I may not know what the future holds, but I do know Who holds the future." I am grateful that God knows my future and holds my future in His loving hands. I may not know the future, but I will walk by faith in a Trustworthy God every day.


No comments: