Monday, December 31, 2012

A New Year and New Beginnings

Happy New Year and New Beginnings!

As I write this, there is only about an hour and a half left in year 2012. The year has gone by quickly.  A lot has gone on, so maybe that is part of the reason time flew by.

This time last year, I was preparing to move from El Dorado Hills (EDH), California to Everett, Washington. I knew it was time to move, but I was sad about having to do so. EDH had become my home and many friends were like family. But it was time to go.

Nearly a year later, life has settled down in Everett. I have been adjusting to having an apartment-mate, my brother Jack. I have gotten to know my way around town. I have been attending a church. I have been meeting people. I have new doctors. I get to see my family. I have re-connected with some of my cousins.  I have made progress on the book I am writing. I have had the opportunity to re-connect with friends from my past. I am at home.

A new year brings opportunity for new beginnings. Most people make resolutions and many people work hard to accomplish those resolutions. I do have some goals and things I am seeking to accomplish in 2013, but I won't call them resolutions, because I most likely won't keep them then. :-)

To complete my book; to ride in a couple of organized bicycling rides -- including the STP (Seattle to Portland) Bicycle Classic; and to buy a house are on my list for 2013. The book is a biggie for me. I am looking forward to completing this work. As well, there are a couple of other ideas to write about that I am pondering. Yes, I am pursuing being a writer, an author. That is a new beginning for me.

When I began my recovery from my TBI and other injuries that I sustained when hit by a car on June 18, 2008 there were many new beginnings for me, new normals too. I am incredibly grateful for how things have progressed, even though my life was turned upside down. With some of the outcomes I have experienced, I think having my life turned upside down was not all bad. Good things can come out of bad/hard situations.

As 2013 will hold many of it's own New Beginnings, I am grateful for a faithful, unchanging God whom I follow. I can trust Him with a New Year and the New Beginnings that I will be experiencing. As I have experienced some incredible opportunities in 2012, it gives me hope as I continue to press on and move forward.

Happy New Year! Happy New Beginnings!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kathi,

How are you? Do you plan to keep your blog up? I read that you moved. I pray all is going well for you and you are feeling better every day.

Kathy Frank