Thursday, February 18, 2010

FEBRUARY 18, 2010

My blogging has not been as consistent as I would like, but I'll go ahead and update things.
On The Road (bike) Again
I've been riding on a road bike again, but at this point in time it is a tandem (2 person) bike. It has been an interesting, fun, energizing and a good ride. My lead rider, Tom, has been a good leader and teaching me a lot.
Tom and I are signed up to ride in the Party Pardee Ride that takes place in Ione on April 3. We're signed up for the 110k (65 mile) ride. Tom seems quite confident that we can do this ride. Tom has ridden it numerous times himself and really likes it.
I am excited and a little nervous. I've ridden distances like this before, but after nearly two years of not riding it will take some adjusting. We're training well, so it should go find.
You Said What?!
What that title refers to is that I had an opportunity to teach/speak at Stepping Stones (Lakeside Church's women's Bible study) a week ago. Again, nervousness and excitement were a couple of my feelings, since it had been about two years since I taught last. I had a wonderful time and the women were incredibly encouraging. It was a great experience.
What Now?
I'm continuing to work on recovery stuff. I am currently not cleared to ride a bike "solo" yet, but am continually working towards that. I'm working on my writing, as well as I am trying to keep up on some reading. I'm not leading a small group, but I am attending the Fallon's small group that has been an incredible experience.
Oh yah, and for lent (which began yesterday) I am not eating sweets, desserts for the next 40 days.
I am doing well, though I still am challenged with my stamina and get tired fairly easy. My body is feeling better, though I have some aches and pains (which might be my side kicks for some time.)
I am grateful to God for His healing, for His grace, for His incredible love, and His unending care.

2 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Glad to see you are blogging, cycling and moving forward with life as wonderful and as amazingly you are!!! You are such an inspiration to those around you!! Can't wait to see more of "your" posts!!!

Robin said...

Hi Kathi, So happy to see that you're still blogging. You, your words and your story are so inspiring - I always feel uplifted after reading your posts, so keep it up! Wishing you nothing but the best in 2010! Robin (from book club ;o)