Monday, May 18, 2009

Disneyland 2009!


Last week I had a great opportunity to do something that I haven't done in about 20 years: go to Disneyland! I can honestly say that things, as I remember, have changed a tad, though it is basically the same place - the happiest place on earth.


My friends, Steve & Vickie, and I drove (well, Vic and I rode); my brother in law, sister and niece flew from Seattle to meet us. My niece, Emma (just 11 years old) was quite the animal on the rides. I'm so glad that my brother-in-law, Dave, was there so that he, not me, could accompany Em. I did go on a good shares of rides myself. I did enjoy "Soaring Over California," "California Screaming," (though my eyes were closed a good portion of the time) and the Buzz Lightyear laser tag game. The one time I rode the "Tower of Terror" was good enough for me - been there, done that! Good family/friends, good food, and good fun made for a wonderful week. I do have to admit, I came home a little tired.

This week doesn't quite have the schedule as last week, though a couple of rehab appointments, counseling and Brain Gain workshop will keep me busy and I am sure will hold plenty of good times as well - all helping me on this road of recovery.


2 comments:

2girls2love said...

woohoo!!!
what a joy to spend extended time with people you love!!! i am so glad you finally got a much-needed vacation. you have been working 24/7 this past year and it's great to see they finally gave you a few days off :)
we love you kathi,
pam hembree and gang

Sally-Girl! said...

Kathi, How awesome is our God that almost a year ago you were as close to leaving this earthly home as anyone I have ever known and 11 months later you are a crazy woman riding California Screamin!!!! You go girl!!!! So happy for you!