Monday, August 20, 2012

WONDER STRUCK

I recently finished reading the first chapter of a sneak peek of Margaret Feinberg's new book Wonder Struck Awaken to the nearness of God.

After reading the chapter, where I was challenged to consider praying for wonder, I did just that. I saw God's wonder today in how He cares for me. I saw His wonder in the friendships He has blessed me with; I saw His wonder in His provision for needs that I did not ask to have met; and I saw His wonder in showing up.

As I have lived in a new community now for six months, I do not have the friendships here yet that I had in El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Elk Grove, and Sacramento. I do have hope that the friendships I am now developing will hold much in and of themselves. They will be different then in California, but different is okay. I am hopeful today of God's providing to meet my needs.

I am struck by His wonder!

"A prayer for wonder asks the Lord to expand my capacity to see and savor the divine gifts all around." (Margaret Feinberg)

The reading also left me hungry to read more of Margaret's book, but it won't be out until around Christmas. I'd encourage you to buy a copy when the book is released.

In the meantime, I will be seeking to be alert and aware of the wonder of God in my midst. May He give me eyes to see Him.

No comments: