Thursday, January 5, 2012

NEXT STEP'S LITTLE STEPS

Things are underway to make the big move to Washington. Departure date is Friday, January 27. An apartment has been secured in Everett. My brother will be moving in on the 27th and I will join him on the 28th after arriving in town. Our sister found this place for us, so it will be great to get there and get all moved in.

There are plenty of steps here to take in preparation for the big step of the move. I have been stepping down from my volunteering. Last week I finished serving in the Acute Rehab Unit at Mercy General. That was an incredible opportunity for me. I will miss them. I have finished serving with P.A.R.T.Y. (Prevent Alcohol and Risk-related Trauma in Youth). That too was a tremendous opportunity I am grateful to have had. I have a couple of more opportunities to share my story at MADD's Victim Impact Panel.

The other steps have to do with packing, which is underway. I don't have a ton of stuff, but plenty to keep me busy. Dear friends will be helping me too.

Speaking of dear friends, that will be the hardest part of leaving, I will miss the wonderful people who have been a wonderful part of my life. I have had an incredible opportunity to experience the love, grace, generosity, forgiveness, care, and much more from so many people. I WILL MISS YOU! But please know, that the Seattle area is a great place to visit. Since I have not lived in that area in a number of years, there is plenty for me to discover, so I would love to play tour guide.

Change is hard, but it's not too bad. It takes adapting and adjusting, but good things come in the midst of change. As well, it is good to have faith in the One who never changes!

1 comment:

tanta Lois said...

Dearest Kathy,
your future your hope and your joy are in the powerful loving hands of your Lord. You are in my prayers during this time of transition. He WILL use you powerfully and indeed bless you in your continued recovery.
with love - Lois Uptigrove