Monday, October 24, 2011

THE IMPORTANCE OF PROGRESS

Progress is very important, though sometimes we can miss it.

There was a time that progress in my recovery was very evident, as the injuries were so severe. My healing has been miraculous and I praise God for the Healer that He is. Healing and recovery are still coming my way, but sometimes it is not as evident, even to me.

Yesterday at church was a lovely reminder. There are songs that I sing in church where I love to close my eyes so that I can meditate even more so on the words that I am singing. Three years ago I could not close my eyes if I wanted to sing the songs, because I could not remember the words to the songs that I knew I knew.

As I was singing yesterday the remembrance of that reality came to me and it made me smile, because I was singing songs with my eyes closed. Yesterday was not the first time I remembered this reality in my recovery, but it is the first time (I think) that I shared it.

Progress sometimes has come in small steps, but they have come in steps that are headed in the right direction. I want to keep my focus on the progress, no matter how big or small the steps. My therapist Dodie reminded me early on in recovery to celebrate the little things. Actually, the little things are much bigger then they may appear to us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kathi

Awesome gift God gave you that Sunday morning as you sang, of the reminder He is at work in your life each day.

I read your blogs often to see how you are doing.

Kathy Frank

hoovstir - Laurie said...

What an awesome reminder Kathi! You still remind in my prayers always...