Friday, April 22, 2011

Wonderful Reminders

The brain injury I sustained impacted my ability to remember some things. My memory has healed remarkably, but I still have challenges with it...that too could be because I turned 50 last year. We all struggle with our memory at one time or another, don't we.

I have been using tools and strategies to help me remember certain things. It's funny, because I realize now that for my entire life, without realizing it, I have used "tools" to help me remember. I'm not necessarily doing anything new, but I realize I need these things to help me remember: wonderful reminders.

As a follower of Jesus, I am thankful for the reminders that I get to participate in that help me to remember Jesus and his death and resurrection on my behalf.

Each month, as a church, we celebrate communion. We focus on the broken body and shed blood of Jesus. Jesus did that for me and for you, in order that we can have a relationship with God. Sometimes life is busy and hectic, distractions come from here and there, and I allow the Truth of what Jesus did be put away. Then the first weekend of the month, I get to refocus things. It is great for the perspective. A wonderful reminder.

Easter is this weekend and it is a tremendous opportunity to reflect on, meditate upon, focus, and remember the horrific act that Jesus chose to go through, so that all of humanity can enter into a relationship with God. His death, resurrection, and ascension to heaven allow our sins to be forgiven and to enter into an incredible relationship with God.

An Incredibly Wonderful Reminder. HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: