Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Awareness

We are hearing more about Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) in the news these days. The situations are unfortunate, but the awareness of TBIs is beginning to get out there more. That makes me very happy.

Whether it was a Congresswoman who was shot, a participant on American Idol whose fiance sustained a TBI, or the woman I spoke at the grocery store the other evening whose son has a TBI, or even the seven members of my extended family (including myself) who have sustained a TBI or an ABI (Acquired Brain Injury.)

Brain Injuries are very much a part of our culture. The needs are great and I am encouraged to be a part of trying to bring more exposure and resources to this important need.

As I have been walking through my recovery, I am grateful for how God has healed and sustained me. And though my recovery is not complete, I am also thankful that I am having the opportunity to help a little. It does seem so small and I wonder sometimes how significant my help can really be with such a tremendous need.

1 comment:

hoovstir - Laurie said...

So true TBI is a apart of life for many...more than most of us know, however, once you know someone you is dealing with TBI the more you notice or become aware of others. It is is like a tool God gives to us to reach out with a heart of love and compassion. You are loved Kathi! You are in my prayers always...