Friday, June 26, 2009

The Visit

I knew this day was going to come, but I wasn't sure when. After the sentencing hearing for the young woman who hit me and my friend, Kathy, with her car, I knew I wanted to visit her in jail. Finally, I focused myself in pursuing the visit and today (June 24) "The Visit" took place. I am glad it did.

To be honest, I was a bit nervous. I don't feel comfortable with "small talk" with someone I don't know. I did want Brandi to know that I cared about her and was wondering how she is doing. It was good to see her, listen to what she had to share, and pray for her. There was no reason to be nervous and my plan is to visit her again.

Jail is not an easy place to be, so please pray for Brandi - for good health, safety, time to go quickly (she misses her family) and for good things to come out of a mistake that was made.

Thank you for your prayers for me. I know God hears them and is answering them.

Blessings,

Kathi

2 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

You brave soul filled with grace! So many reasons why I adore you!

hoovstir - Laurie said...

Thanks be to God He has brought you this far to be able to make such a visit and pray with her. I continue to pray for you and I will add brandi to my prayer list too. Bless you Kathi!